Last updated: 10 September 2021
This statement applies to content published on the www.digitalmarketplace.service.gov.uk domain.
This website is run by Crown Commercial Service. It is designed to be used by as many people as possible. The text should be clear and simple to understand. You should be able to:
- change colours, contrast levels and fonts
- zoom in up to 300% without problems
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- use most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
How accessible is the website
Parts of this website are not fully accessible. For example:
- some pages and document attachments are not clearly written
- some pages have poor colour contrast
- some forms are not correctly identified
- most of the PDF documents are not accessible
- not all the user journeys are consistently presented
- some error messages do not direct screen reader users to message links
- website search is not available
What to do if you cannot access parts of this website
If you need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDFs, or assistance completing a task, contact email@example.com
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems that are not listed on this page or you think we’re not meeting the accessibility requirements, contact us.
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, due to the non-compliances listed below.
Non accessible content
The following content does not comply with the accessibility regulations:
- some pages don’t clearly identify content within the page. This fails WCAG 2.1 A success criterion 2.4.2 (title of a Web page not identifying the contents).
- not all our interactive elements meet the required non-text contrast ratio. This fails WCAG 2.1 AA success criterion 1.4.11 (non-text contrast).
- labeled elements on some pages are not declared by screen readers. This fails WCAG 2.1 A success criterion 2.5.3 (label in name).
- not all our journeys offer consistent navigation. This fails WCAG 2.1 AA success criterion 3.2.3 (consistent navigation).
- some error messages include irrelevant text and do not direct screen reader users to an error message link. This fails WCAG 2.1 A success criterion 3.3.1 (error identification).
- search and sitemap functionality is missing. This fails WCAG 2.1 AA success criterion 2.4.5 (multiple ways).
- screen readers do not declare the state or function of some elements correctly. This fails WCAG 2.1 A success criterion 4.1.2 (name,role,value).
Crown Commercial Service will not seek full WCAG compliance due to the anticipated retirement of the platform.
Content not within the scope of the accessibility regulations
PDFs and other documents
All supplier submitted PDFs do not need to comply with the accessibility requirement because they are third party content that is neither funded nor developed by the Crown Commercial Service. If anyone requires an accessible format of these documents, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
How we tested this website
This website was tested for compliance with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines V2.1 level A and level AA. Tests have been carried out externally and internally.
This statement was prepared on 22 September 2020. It was last updated on 10 September 2021.