FD Technologies - Cloud Infrastructure Support
FD Technologies provides experienced and high-level consultancy support to Organisations seeking to migrate legacy systems to the cloud. We own the world’s most performant analytics engine (KX) and deploy our software on cloud environments including AWS, Azure and GCP. We provide application modernisation, managed services, and help with AI/ML.
- Migration of legacy systems to the cloud.
- KX kdb+ data ingestion for high-speed and real-time analytics.
- Fully managed cloud services.
- GCP, AWS, Azure consultancy services.
- Advice on system selection
- Platform design, build and implementation
- Platform testing and support
- Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, and automation consultancy
- Cloud Streaming Analytics
- Market Trade Surveillance – Alerting, Reporting, Dashboards
- Increase modernisation and reliability of services.
- Gain new insights from company data through real-time analysis.
- Reduce decision time by providing actionable insight.
- Gain experienced support relating to main cloud environments.
- Reduces capital expenditure.
- Greatly improve RPO, RTO general business continuity.
- Increase flexibility and accessibility.
- Increase reliability and confidence in platform.
- Greater control of organisation data.
- Increase organisation collaboration.
£400 a unit a day
Request an accessible format
1 4 1 5 2 4 7 4 2 3 1 0 8 1 1
FD Technologies plc
- Planning service
- How the planning service works
FD Technologies provide a range of cloud-based planning and consultancy services. The cloud industry is well established but complex. The advent of serverless computing, Kubernetes, containerization, and a multitude of potential deployment scenarios leaves many businesses confused with respect progressing with a coherent cloud strategy. FD have been diligently helping our financial services clients through this process with services focused on selecting the correct cloud strategy (public, private, managed, hybrid cloud options) and the underlying services that will lead to a cost-effective cloud architecture that includes the latest emerging technologies. Important factors in the planning stage include
Access, Authorisation, Firewall protection, Intrusion detection, DDOS prevention, etc.
Application, Autoscaling, Caching, Microservices Architecture, Event driven architectures, etc.
Native cloud service support, Database, Support (Relational, In-Memory, etc) and effective manipulation
Application support, Soak testing, Backup & Restore and DR options
• Legal & Operational Requirements
SLA’s Availability, Resilience, Failover, Disaster Recovery and Data requirements related to GDPR & Data privacy.
The FD Technologies team in the UK have been supporting all the leading UK based financial services institutions on significant cloud migration programs over the past five years.
- Planning service works with specific services
- Training service provided
- How the training service works
FD Technologies provide a range of training courses to our staff, customers and partners.
FD work with clients to customize the program to meet their requirements. Our training programs are modular based and focused on the core competencies which staff to need progress both business wise & technically. We provide a wide range of training courses including Cloud hosting, Project Management, Software Development, Database Architectures, etc.
For AWS we provide beginner courses and more advanced AWS certified Cloud practitioner courses leading to Associate level exams. We also provide AWS solutions architect, developer and channel training.
For GCP we provide Cloud Digital Leader training providing certification in GCP core product and services and their business benefit. The Cloud Digital Leader exam assesses your knowledge in these areas:
• Digital transformation
• Innovating with data
• Infrastructure and application modernization
• Security and operations
In March 2022, FD announced a major partnership with MS Azure that will see our KX Database and streaming analytics platform become available via MS Azure. We are actively building out our training programs with a focus on security, administration, development, and many other aspects of working with Microsoft Azure technologies.
- Training is tied to specific services
Setup and migration
- Setup or migration service available
- How the setup or migration service works
FD Technologies have a significant track record in supporting clients transition their solutions to a Cloud environment. We have established partnerships in place with the leading cloud providers AWS, Azure and Google. FD are an AWS Advanced Consulting Partner and have 120+ AWS certified consultants based in the UK and a plan in place to train up to 2,000. We have fully migrated our own software solutions, including our Kx Streaming Analytics platform to the Cloud. Some recent high-profile projects have been large scale cloud based real-time surveillance platforms for the Australian and Canadian regulators onto AWS and trade & risk management Platform for a large Dutch bank onto Azure.
FD have fully embraced the concept of micro-services and containerisation using tools like docker, kubernetes and OpenShift and our development & support teams have all transitioned to agile development and devops support. These experiences, including the significant move to supporting cloud technologies and the automation of platform & infrastructure upgrades position FD well to provide support in these environments.
Recently we announced a major partnership with MS Azure to have the KX database and analytics platform (Insights) fully integrated with their native cloud offering. The first deployments have been completed.
- Setup or migration service is for specific cloud services
Quality assurance and performance testing
- Quality assurance and performance testing service
- How the quality assurance and performance testing works
Quality assurance and performance testing are part of the service provided by FD Technologies cloud infrastructure support.
FD Technologies have been providing development and delivery services as an outsourced provider to clients in a range of sectors for 25+ years. This can include:
• Securing a smooth transition from existing / legacy services to a managed cloud service
• Ensuring quality of service by delivering in line with an agreed set of SLA / KPI metrics
• Working with clients to reduce program costs
• Fully remediate key challenges related to cloud migration and associated support
• Creating and utilising test environments prior to any go live date
• Providing strong governance and controls for cloud projects by providing named, experienced project management and scheduling steering committee meetings.
- Security services
- Ongoing support service
- Types of service supported
- Buyer hosting or software
- Hosting or software provided by your organisation
- Hosting or software provided by a third-party organisation
- How the support service works
FD Technologies provide both Cloud Hosting and Software services. We have established partnerships with the main Cloud and have a significant track record in supporting our customers transition their solutions to the Cloud. In February 2021, we formally announced that FD had become an AWS Advanced Consulting Partner. FD have 120+ AWS certified consultants and a plan in place to train up to 2,000. Our consultants have assisted our customers, including the Australian and Canadian financial regulators with significant AWS cloud transition programs, including application migration and modernization, managed services, and innovation with AI and ML.
For application modernisation we are ensuring that all of our engineers are cloud certified and familiar with the most modern SDLC release frameworks including Blue/Green deployment, canary testing and feature toggles. As a technology company we own the most performant Time-Series database & analytics engine, KX. We deploy our software on all the main cloud environments including AWS, Azure and Google Cloud and we ensure that our consultants working with our clients achieve the same level of reliability and performance with their respective applications. Recently we announced a major partnership with MS Azure that will make our KX platform available via the MS Azure.
- Service constraints
- Email or online ticketing support
- Yes, at extra cost
- Support response times
- Can provide 24/7 365 support if required.
- User can manage status and priority of support tickets
- Online ticketing support accessibility
- WCAG 2.1 AA or EN 301 549
- Phone support
- Phone support availability
- 24 hours, 7 days a week
- Web chat support
- Yes, at an extra cost
- Web chat support availability
- 24 hours, 7 days a week
- Web chat support accessibility standard
- WCAG 2.1 AA or EN 301 549
- Web chat accessibility testing
- Through Atlassian Jira chat support - which aligns to the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1 level AA, with the goal being to exceed minimum requirements at every turn.
- Support levels
Basic ( 9-5 during business days)
Enterprise (24/7 for severity 1 issues and improved response times)
Enterprise Plus (24/7 for severity 1 and severity 2 issues and further improved response times)
Costing is bespoke per client.
A named service delivery manager is available for clients in the higher tiers of support.
- Supplier type
- Not a reseller
- Staff security clearance
- Conforms to BS7858:2019
- Government security clearance
- Up to Security Clearance (SC)
Standards and certifications
- ISO/IEC 27001 certification
- ISO 28000:2007 certification
- CSA STAR certification
- PCI certification
- Cyber essentials
- Cyber essentials plus
- Other security certifications
- £400 a unit a day
- Discount for educational organisations