BJSS’ Service Design focusses on improving the quality of interactions between an organisation and its users. Working with people to understand pain-points and user needs, BJSS designs new ways of organising people, infrastructure, and technology to deliver great customer experiences while identifying opportunities to deliver new organisational value.
- Service Designers experienced in complex government product and service design
- Fully aligned to GDS service standards and GOV.UK’s UCD principles
- Design thinking approach frames problems in a user-centric way
- Systems thinking identifies opportunities for sustainable and enduring change
- Aligns user, technology, and business to the user journey
- Clarifies complexity through visualisation techniques, such as service blueprints
- Facilitates user and stakeholder collaboration in research, design, and testing
- Facilitates collaboration across department and capability
- Traceability of user needs through design and development to delivery
- Iterative and agile methodology designed to deliver value early
- Design end-to-end services that deliver citizen outcomes
- Co-design with users and stakeholders to fix critical service pain-points
- Create services that meet user needs and fix pain-points
- Providing experience and guidance at each GDS-assessed stage
- Create sustainable services that align user, organisational, and technical needs
- Defined design principles and systems, driving future development efficiency
- Consistent experience across digital, offline channels, and physical touchpoints
- Effective service experience across digital, offline channels, and physical touchpoints
- Upskill internal designers and stakeholders in user-centred design techniques
- Drive joined-up delivery of multiple product and service teams
£350 a unit a day
Request an accessible format
6 1 4 6 4 9 7 9 3 1 3 4 1 7 3
Telephone: 0113 297 9797
- Planning service
- How the planning service works
- BJSS uses its proven Enterprise Agile delivery approach, which is aligned to the GDS service framework, in order to guide clients through the planning and implementation of cloud services.
- Planning service works with specific services
- Hosting or software services the planning service works with
- Applies to any public cloud provider.
- Training service provided
- How the training service works
- BJSS provides comprehensive training across all provided services, including cloud services training, knowledge transfer, accreditation development and shadowing.
- Training is tied to specific services
Setup and migration
- Setup or migration service available
- How the setup or migration service works
- BJSS has expertise in migrating complex applications to the cloud and can provide a number of public sector references within this field of work. BJSS has delivered many complex application migrations from on-premises to cloud, and has developed an end-to-end, five-step process to assist with smooth migration. The process' steps include building the business case, application assessment and migration strategy, validation and testing, migration execution, and operating and optimising.
- Setup or migration service is for specific cloud services
- List of supported services
- Hybrid to Public Cloud
Quality assurance and performance testing
- Quality assurance and performance testing service
- How the quality assurance and performance testing works
BJSS' experienced test practitioners deliver a range of QA and performance testing services, including:
• Defining and establishing test policy.
• Agile test strategy.
• Test tooling consultancy.
• Test project health check assessments.
• Agile transition.
• Test process re-engineering.
- Security services
- Security services type
- Security strategy
- Security risk management
- Security design
- Cyber security consultancy
- Security incident management
- Security audit services
- Ongoing support service
- Types of service supported
- Buyer hosting or software
- Hosting or software provided by your organisation
- Hosting or software provided by a third-party organisation
- How the support service works
BJSS can provide services on a resource augmentation basis, as part of a project team, as an outsourced service, and as a fully managed service, customised to client service requirements.
BJSS can also provide transition and transformation services and will manage client environments, either on-premise or hosted in the public Cloud.
Key features include:
•Proactive monitoring and alerting.
•SPOC for 3rd party suppliers and the business.
•24/7/365 monitoring and management.
•Real-time, automated, alerting and dashboards.
•Network Operations Centre service.
Licence management of components within the cloud.
•Integration with Incident and Change management tools.
•Proactive capacity management.
•Regular service reviews.
- Service constraints
- Email or online ticketing support
- Yes, at extra cost
- Support response times
- By agreement with the client.
- User can manage status and priority of support tickets
- Online ticketing support accessibility
- None or don’t know
- Phone support
- Phone support availability
- 9 to 5 (UK time), Monday to Friday
- Web chat support
- Support levels
BJSS' support levels are customised to client requirements, however default support levels are:
• Priority 1: - Response time = 30 minutes - Target Resolution time = 4 hours
• Priority 2: - Response time = 1 hour - Target resolution time = 8 hours
• Priority 3: - Response time = 2 hours - Target resolution time = 3 days
• Priority 4: - Response time = Next working day - Target resolution time = 10 days
- Supplier type
- Not a reseller
- Staff security clearance
- Other security clearance
- Government security clearance
- Up to Developed Vetting (DV)
Standards and certifications
- ISO/IEC 27001 certification
- Who accredited the ISO/IEC 27001
- ISO/IEC 27001 accreditation date
- What the ISO/IEC 27001 doesn’t cover
- BJSS' ISO/IEC 27001 certification covers the secure design, operation, support and the protection of PII for the BJSS Secure Managed Services provision on local and cloud architectures across our main delivery locations. The scope also includes the management, provision and facilitation of remote and onsite support for certified client use.
- ISO 28000:2007 certification
- CSA STAR certification
- PCI certification
- Cyber essentials
- Cyber essentials plus
- Other security certifications
- Any other security certifications
- ISO/IEC 27018:2019
- ISO 9001
- £350 a unit a day
- Discount for educational organisations