Legacy Infrastructure Path to Cloud Migration
M4 project teams include Systems Architects, Systems Administrators, Planning Managers, Analysts, Technical Architects, and SIAM Cloud professionals. All specialists have a wealth of experience migrating to Cloud within the public and private sector and aim to deliver innovative solutions to real-world blockers to Cloud Migration.
- Define and update your Cloud transition strategy, and roadmap documentation
- Deliver secure Cloud infrastructure integration planning and administration
- Provide project cost and benefits estimation, and delivery planning
- Provide Enterprise, Data, Solution, Technical Architecture using SAFe
- Align system solutions to GDS design standards and Service Manual
- Deliver solutions across transitional Infrastructure, virtualisation, data centre, network, Cloud
- Deliver solutions across Cloud, digital, ERP and legacy replacement
- Provide reviews and audits across your IT landscape
- Support procurement, contract, product, vendor and supplier exit, transition, testing
- Provide follow up development, prototyping, testing skills transfer and management
- Improve communication and planning, translate business needs to technical plans
- Reduces costs and delivery timelines identifies benefits fiscal and technical
- Increased speed to deliver using tried and tested methods
- Alignment to GDS Lifecycle and Design Manual
- Increases reuse and consolidation of IT assets and infrastructure
- Increases digitisation and Cloud take-up
- Deliver real world hybrid solutions on track to full Cloud
- Focus on gaining benefit from transition to Cloud
- Knowledge transfer to internal staff, enablement, collaboration
£500 to £1,650 a person a day
Request an accessible format
9 7 9 1 4 3 5 8 0 1 5 2 3 6 5
M4 Digital Group Ltd
Telephone: 0292 064 7647
- Planning service
- How the planning service works
- The M4 team is highly experienced in the analysis of current modes of operation and the creation of roadmaps, to enable secure migration of legacy systems to Cloud. We identify early, the capabilities needed to deliver required outcomes and work closely with clients at all levels to deploy a flexible delivery team tailored to complement existing resources. Further we ensure knowledge transfer and enablement and the leveraging of existing capabilities and resources. We review collaboratively all aspects of services including people, processes and infrastructure. Working in partnership with stakeholders we efficiently identify opportunities and enablers, to define and develop legacy systems to Cloud migration strategy. Our processes take into account user requirements and interdependencies of current systems as well as appetite and capability for change. We leverage any opportunities to increase speed of migration and translate business plans into delivery plans identifying both technical and financial benefits. We focus on gaining early benefit from transition to cloud and are experienced in delivering practical hybrid transitional solutions in adherence to the Government Digital Services Technology Code of Practice. Planning leverages contract end dates and technology refresh timetables to ensure costs of the old environment are bounded to deliver maximum benefit realisation.
- Planning service works with specific services
- Training service provided
- How the training service works
Enablement, a key component of all M4 engagements; our goal is to deliver organisational change and sustainable client capabilities via training, mentoring and documentation.
Our teams can assist with development, improvement and support of the client cloud environment whilst enabling client teams to an assured level of knowledge that allows for secure handover and ongoing maintenance of the IT estate.
Understanding that client cloud requirements, transformation programmes and support capabilities are individual, we tailor this process to create a defined exit plan ensuring the client can manage BAU activities and ongoing continuous improvement beyond our agreed exit date.
During engagements we encourage an environment of trust and work on, developing the skills and coaching the behaviours, essential for cloud delivery.
This is achieved by reviewing, prioritising and scheduling a timetable of knowledge transfer activities; our consultants deliver these activities through:
Co-location (modelling best practice)
Our knowledge transfer programmes support individual client requirements and align with the DDaT Professional Capability Framework.
To support this transition the M4 team document the relevant knowledge base to support operational running.
M4 can, in addition provide:
Assistance identifying appropriate GDS Academy courses
Introductions to Communities of Practice
- Training is tied to specific services
Setup and migration
- Setup or migration service available
- How the setup or migration service works
- Key to a successful and secure migration of legacy systems to cloud is the deep understanding of the interaction of all associated services. Critical considerations include costs of data migration, application redesign, application performance and availability. Security, privacy and regulatory requirements must also be taken into account. Careful consideration of the current environment, as well as commercial and technical constraints also need to be clearly understood. Our team build end to end service maps for each capability, mapping the elements of the service provision and supplier matrix to ensure all elements in scope of the architecture design plan are captured and addressed in sequence to ensure there are no service orphans or components. We deliver an iterative solution following the initial build of a containerised portable environment based on tried and tested model blueprints, designed to fully comply with the Government Digital Service Technology code of practice. We also incorporate appropriate open source continuous integration tooling for delivery and test automation and provide security monitoring appropriate to the risks, and in compliance with, the Government Security Policy framework. Our team are experts in understanding functional and non-functional requirements and mapping these to physical services and transitioning to cloud-based equivalents.
- Setup or migration service is for specific cloud services
Quality assurance and performance testing
- Quality assurance and performance testing service
- How the quality assurance and performance testing works
M4’s QA and Testing function for cloud services concentrates on measuring and examining quality, and improving software and systems capability through ongoing process improvement. This is offered throughout the development lifecycle, with adherence to all Acceptance Criteria remaining at the core of all activities.
We provide flexible and tailored solutions to facilitate quality delivery for our partners. We can also provide, strategic planning and guidance and can build out, where appropriate, internal project teams to increase depth and breadth of internal client coverage and accelerate rates of enablement.
Our teams are experienced both in conducting key analysis and making recommendations as to the most effective toolset for the Service(s) under test. We also identify key points of measure under test, deploy appropriate tooling, validate associated accuracy and identify risks test may impose.
Our targeted Test services are delivered by experienced team members and include: Functional, Regression, Compatibility, Load, Integration, Acceptance, Security and Usability. Utilising tools from industry standard proprietary tooling and collaboration tools to specific tools for Integration, Security, Automation, Browser Validation.
Test Strategy includes, scope, approach, constraints, risks, issues and assumptions, tooling, environment, data requirements and entry/exit criteria. Using automated unit testing and integration testing tools to deliver.
- Security services
- Security services type
- Security strategy
- Security risk management
- Security design
- Cyber security consultancy
- Security testing
- Security incident management
- Security audit services
- Certified security testers
- Security testing certifications
- Cyber Scheme
- Ongoing support service
- Service constraints
- No constraints
- Email or online ticketing support
- Phone support
- Web chat support
- Support levels
During an engagement, each team has an onsite lead, as first point of call who is supported by a dedicated Client Management team providing full support throughout the engagement. We always recommend agreement in advance of a suitable support plan, a service responsibility matrix and appropriate service levels to meet the Client’s needs.
Our team will also continuously review overall contractual performance against agreed SLA’s and regularly review with the client the service and performance of the team against agreed deliverables and timelines. Equally, we ensure that service and programme management procedures are followed, including the production, maintenance and monitoring of programme and risk management plans to the satisfaction of the Client.
Standard ITIL processes are also applied by the team, aligned, as appropriate, to the Client’s Engagement and Governance model including attendance to relevant service boards, as agreed with the Client.
Escalations received during normal office hours (Mon-Fri 9am-5pm exc. Bank Holidays) are normally dealt with within 8 working hours.
Standard support is included in the cost of the service.
Where agreed appropriate governance procedures are in place, and at additional cost, out of hours escalations for technical issues can be made available 24x7.
- Supplier type
- Not a reseller
- Staff security clearance
- Conforms to BS7858:2019
- Government security clearance
- Up to Developed Vetting (DV)
Standards and certifications
- ISO/IEC 27001 certification
- ISO 28000:2007 certification
- CSA STAR certification
- PCI certification
- Cyber essentials
- Cyber essentials plus
- Other security certifications
- Any other security certifications
- Cyber Essentials Plus
- £500 to £1,650 a person a day
- Discount for educational organisations